• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion for default judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

traceees

What is the name of your state? Ohio

i am being sued by a credit card co & i did not go to court when i was summon. the plaintiff is in the process of filing a motion for default judgment (for the principal & 10% per annum since I failed to file a naswer oar otherwise defend as to the complaint of the plaitiff. how do i answer this? i am unemployeed & in the process of filling chapter 7.

JETX

"how do i answer this?"
*** You don't. The time to answer was at the hearing. You failed to show up to present a defense. They get a default.

Your only option at this point is to file an appeal before that allowed time expires.

"i am unemployeed"
*** No relevant.

"in the process of filling chapter 7."
*** When you get your discharge, send a copy to the judgment creditor and file a motion to set aside with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">