• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 Days 2 reply Recieved Jugement 10th day!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rizo6801

What is the name of your state? CA

just recieved a jugement from the California Edd for Unemployment over payments. It was issued on Jan 26, 04 then mailed to my employer whom is a contract agency, They mailed me a copy on the 30th of Jan & I just recieved it today Feb 6, 2004 I only have 10 day to send a form of exemption & now that time has run out. My pay checks get mailed to me every Wed & I recieve them almost all of the time that next day if not Friday. When I called the Sherriffs Dept 2 weeks ago they said they don't show any records & I should contact the LA sherriffs dept & I found my case on there web site. I mailed my form just about 2 weeks ago to that office. Now the Jugement is from the Sherriffs dept I contacted the first time. Is there anything I can do since I had no time to respond to this jugement Today is the 10th day & the day I recieved it. The court I sent it to shows no record. There going to take out 25% of my pay next week & I never had a chance to respond....

Thanks

Rizo

JETX

"Does anyone know what I could do at this point?"
*** Yep. Start with going to the ONE post that is being recognized by the qualified members of this forum (see previous post).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">