• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abuse,custody am i going to lose my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arieldawn2002

What is the name of your state? arkansas
i am 25 me and my husband have been together since i was 17
we were married when i was 18 i left him several months ago,due to the physical and mental abuse ,and i have filed for a divorce. we have 2 children together.i tried to leave in the past but he always threatned me with my children.i met a man a few years back.we were good friend up till the summer and we started a relationship.this is before i left my husband,i have temporary custody of my kids right now but he said he is going to get custody of them because i had an affair,i have a good lawyer but he has the best one in our town he denies the abuse,
the thing i am wondering is this if he keeps denying the abuse,am i at risk of losing my kids for living with another man?
did i mention he is dating my boyfriends ex wife who has agreed to go to court and say that me and the other has been seeing each other sexually for 3 years do i face loosing my kids?i do live with my boyfriend right now should i move out we go to court feb the 13 please help soon

drugs? alcohol? husband abuse? child abuse? ricki lake watcher?

if the answer to any of these is yes... you may have a problem.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Can you prove his abuse of you (i.e. witnesses, police reports, doctors' reports, etc.)? If not, it's a he says/she says situation and isn't going to go far.

It's frankly never a good idea to move in with someone in the middle of a divorce when kids are involved. Even more so in places that tend to have more conventional ideas on what's right and proper.

Noone can tell you what a judge will decide, but it could well go either way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">