• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax ID from Q's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feltrak

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I'm looking to start a business at home by buying from wholesalers and reselling those items online (only part time this will be a soleproprietorship). A lot of these wholesalers require a tax license to buy from them. I found the form for a tax license in the state of Michigan (form 518). I have a couple of questions.

First do I register for sales tax or use tax on this form?

And in a section of the form where you check what kind of tax(es) that you are registering for it askes for a date the liability will begin I am not sure what date to put there.

And it also asks for an estimated monthly payment for each tax, now if I dont sell to anyone in Michigan am I liable to pay any monthly payment for the tax? or is it just to people I sell to in Michigan?

Here the address to the form if anyone needs to see what I am
referring to. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/518_3620_7.pdf

Any information to any of these questions would be extremly helpful, or if you know where there is a guide or someone else online that I can contact that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Feltrak

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">