• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander at 16?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mouth4thesouth

What is the name of your state? England, Uk.

First and foremost i feel i must state that i am meerly 16, and too is the party i wish to acuse of slander.
Basically, we were going out for around 8months, and though we made a great couple, and had a rather intence relationship, we had a bad break up after mis-communications.
He acused me of lying to him, saying he could no trust me anymore. Admitedly, i had sed something that was not true but explained my reasons after.
Obviously, he wasnt taking any of it.
I was heart-broken of course; he was my 1st love and so cried and stated i didnt feel like living it i wasnt with him.
Though he was in denial, he had changed and no longer cared and looked after me.
Though he tried to be civilised, the break up was still bad, and surprisingly quick; like he wanted the pain to be over quickly.

A year passed, over which many emails, texts and phone calls were made on both our behalfs, to which i believed would get us back together.
He led me on a fair few times, kissing me and saying he would 'do' such sexual acts to me.
Then other times he would act as if he didnt care and wanted to take things slowly.

Then, after he decided to get a job and start thinkin he was too good 4me, began spreading rumours about us breakin up becos "i threatened to hold a gun to his head if he didnt stay with me."
This is not true, and as a 5ft 16 year old, i wouldnt possibly no how to hold a gun let alone shoot one.
This rumour and the implication of me being a pysco and a '****ed up bitch' as he put it, has gone round my entire school (and there is no exageration there)
Leaving me with no friends and finding it hard to concentrate at school.
I finally meet someone who asks me out and my ex tells him i threatened to kill my self, (hence the statement i had made about not WANTING to live without him) and he too hates me, thinking i am a psyco.
Many teachers and counsellers have tried to help, but...nothing.
This has affected my life so much i am at risk of failing my GCSE's and have even thought about suicide. I was always so happy before all this. He has ruined me.

Can i involve police to accuse him of slander? And how would i go about it?
If anyone can help, plz email
[email protected]What is the name of your state? England, Uk.

H

hexeliebe

What is the name of your state? England, Uk
After wading through your entire post I come to find that you live in the little island on the OTHER side of the pond.

Which means that not one thing that I say would have any merit since the laws of the EU are different than the U.S.

so, forget the jerk, get on with your life and GET SOME HELP!

M

mouth4thesouth

Are they THAT different?
The statement: "Get some help", did u mean that u also think i am mad?
Only i didnt want to go into too much detail about how bad these rumours are.
Do you think the case would be taken seriously?

M

mouth4thesouth

Oh. Ok. But if i did, would i have to contact the police 1st? and then go through the courts if nothing to done. Im sure however that the police will convince him that he cannot go around saying these things and all i want him to do is admit to this boy i like that he was lying

JETX

"What is the name of your state? England, Uk. "
*** Simple. Please READ and understand RULE #2 at the top of the screen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">