• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ok, I have an appt w/ the atty today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shmily

A posted earlier about a wrongful death suit that I am trying to get information on. My daughters dad died a year ago and she has been named in the suit.

I have contacted an attorney that suggested I use my divorce attorney to at least start off with. So I have an appt today. I have contacted the courts in the counties he lived in, worked in and died in. There seems to be nothing. I am now assuming that maybe this is all being done out of the courts. I'm not sure.

So I know that I should be talking to the atty about me being gaurdian ad litem and about the probate court. Is there anything else specifically that I should be asking about in your opinion? I am really very clueless to how this stuff works. I want to be prepared for this when I go in.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">