• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor problem with claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessicaTS

What is the name of your state? california

Hi ;)

I'm having some difficulty with a "fill in the blanks" subpoena; The form says myself or my attorney will reimburse them for witness fees...

I'll gladly pay mileage, etc. but this is small claims court, and I'm representing myself. Can I just edit out the parts of the subpoena that mention "my attorney" and still have a valid subpoena?

Generally speaking, I would ask the court clerk, but this is a small rural county, and the court clerk does not know much about subpoenas (?!).

To summarize, I want to type out and deliver a subpoena duces tecum. The form I have assumes that this matter is going to a general civil court. How much editing can I do and still be left with an acceptable subpoena? Can I just cross out certain parts and type in "n/a"? I still have to submit it to the clerk for approval, but they just forward it to a judge; I wouldn't want to irritate a judge at this point. :D

thanks

-J

H

hexeliebe

Leave the form exactly as it is and fill in (change) ONLY the blanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">