• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A customer threatening to sue because he didn't pay and we reported it to D&B

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrt

What is the name of your state? Washington.

Hello,

I run an e-mail mailing list. I accept ads in the list. One company from California ran ads in my newsletter but never paid the $500 amount that they promised. That was in fall 2002. I asked D&B to send a dunning letter. Apparently the company didn't reply to the dunning letter and D&B put this incident in their record.

Recently they discovered this information in their D&B record and asked me to have D&B remove this information otherwise threatened to sue for "slander".

The reason they give for not paying is that their ad didn't result in any order and thus "the service was defective." When I accept ads in my mailing list, I never promise any specific response it will result in.

So, not only they didn't pay, on top of it they are trying to bully. What should I do? Should I ask D&B to remove that info from their record? Should I wait to see what lawsuit they bring up? They are a multi-million dollar company and I run a small mailing list. What are my options?

Thanks much for all the help!

HomeGuru

wrt said:
What is the name of your state? Washington.

Hello,

I run an e-mail mailing list. I accept ads in the list. One company from California ran ads in my newsletter but never paid the $500 amount that they promised. That was in fall 2002. I asked D&B to send a dunning letter. Apparently the company didn't reply to the dunning letter and D&B put this incident in their record.

Recently they discovered this information in their D&B record and asked me to have D&B remove this information otherwise threatened to sue for "slander".

The reason they give for not paying is that their ad didn't result in any order and thus "the service was defective." When I accept ads in my mailing list, I never promise any specific response it will result in.

So, not only they didn't pay, on top of it they are trying to bully. What should I do? Should I ask D&B to remove that info from their record? Should I wait to see what lawsuit they bring up? They are a multi-million dollar company and I run a small mailing list. What are my options?

Thanks much for all the help!
**A: tell them to pay up or shut up.

H

hexeliebe

Awwwwww HG, why didn't you just give them the Arkansas Hillbilly Reply?

"Pay Up or I'll send you home in a Pine Box!!!" :D

HomeGuru

Ok, per the FDCPA, (Federale Debt Collection Practices of Arkansaw)

"Pay Up or I'll send you home in a Pine Box!!!" :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">