• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RichardFatlong

What is the name of your state? rhode island

I'm suing someone for an outstanding loan and was wondering if i could add the attorneys fee and any additional costs such as the cost to locate the defendant? This is not a small claims suit

p.s. would the court alllow reasonable interest to the amount of the loan?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RichardFatlong said:
What is the name of your state? rhode island

I'm suing someone for an outstanding loan and was wondering if i could add the attorneys fee and any additional costs such as the cost to locate the defendant? This is not a small claims suit

p.s. would the court alllow reasonable interest to the amount of the loan?
My response:

Not unless you're an attorney yourself, and not unless your written contract allows for the collection of attorney's fees and costs. Usually, costs not associated with the court process, like "locating a defendant", is your problem and expense, and thereby not recoverable.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">