• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anonymous101

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

i am 14 years old. my father abuses me. he has records against him right now. my mom doesn't care. he tells the police that i am a delinquent child but that is not true. he threatens to kill me. i know he wont ever seriously do that, but it's still scary to think about what he's capable of. there is no one on my side except for my sisters. what should i do?

A

anonymous101

i have. i have called them twice, but my mom goes along with everything he says. they would rather believe two adults than 3 children.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

anonymous101 said:
i have. i have called them twice, but my mom goes along with everything he says. they would rather believe two adults than 3 children.

My response:

Okay, then call the Information Operator and ask for the number to "Child Protective Services" in your city or county. Then call them. They will protect you and your sisters.

IAAL

A

anonymous101

i don't want to go to some shrink or an adoption agency. al i want is for my dad to leave my life. if i call them then i'd have to leave my house and town and live my childhood miserable with no money or friend. i've created a great life for myself here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

anonymous101 said:
i don't want to go to some shrink or an adoption agency. al i want is for my dad to leave my life. if i call them then i'd have to leave my house and town and live my childhood miserable with no money or friend. i've created a great life for myself here.

My response:

Okay, then do nothing. What the hell do you want?

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hon, you don't have much of a choice. Your mother is apparently not interested in protecting her children. Your father quite obviously isn't. The police seem to be less than effective.

Your best bet, IMO, is to speak with a teacher or a counselor at school. Explain what's going on. They are mandatory reporters of suspected abuse, and CPS is more likely to take it seriously if an adult reports it. It's entirely possible that when your mother is faced with the choice of getting Dad out or losing her kids, she'll do the right thing. If she'd rather stick with Dad..... wouldn't it be better for all of you to be out of there? Alive & in one piece? If not you, think of your siblings. Buck your parents' example and do the right thing by them.

Good luck.

P

Pfaffing85690

To put what stealth said in plain english, you have only two choices:

become a victim or a survivor.

At 14 you're old enough to make the choice IF you want to.

P

Pfaffing85690

And since IAAL has already given her the advice she needs, as you have, what else should I do? Give her a swift kick in the ass?

hmmmmmmm now that's a though :D

P

Pfaffing85690

I agree. As you've undoubtedly seen in my 'alter-ego' :D

but all you can do is give them the information, the rest is up to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">