• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this price fixing???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zeus661

What is the name of your state? Ohio

If a wholesaler sells products to privately owned retailers and that product is preprced is that price fixing? What comes to mind are greeting card companies such as Hallmark. I was looking into purchasing a local Hallmark store and Hallmark Cards, Inc preprices all of the products that it sells to the stores. Isn't that considered price fixing? Also Hallmark stores are NOT franchises.

If this isn't price fixing can you please explain why?

mykoleary

Zeus661 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

If a wholesaler sells products to privately owned retailers and that product is preprced is that price fixing? What comes to mind are greeting card companies such as Hallmark. I was looking into purchasing a local Hallmark store and Hallmark Cards, Inc preprices all of the products that it sells to the stores. Isn't that considered price fixing? Also Hallmark stores are NOT franchises.

If this isn't price fixing can you please explain why?
Sounds like homework to me...

P

phwl

No, that is not considered price-fixing. Price-fixing is a term used when more than one company, usually many companies of a similar industry comes together and agrees to sell a certain type of product at the same starting or "minimum" price. Thus, they are fixing the price of a product before any consumers are able to access it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">