• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog fight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samiam20011

What is the name of your state? CA
I was visiting my parents house, with my boyfriends two dogs and my boyfriend, my boyfriends dogs went down the street, (without leashes),to play with one neighbors dog. Well, a second neighbors dog was also at the first neighbors house, (without a leash). And my dogs played to rough and caused, $2,000 in vet bills to the second neighbors dog.
Now they are sueing myself and my parents,(because I was visiting there house).
My case is- they are my boyfriends dogs, plus, nobody's dogs were on a leash, and it happend at the first neighbor's house!!!!!
Please tell me if this is a good defense!!!!??????????
Thanks
[email protected]

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

samiam20011 said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I was visiting my parents house, with my boyfriends two dogs and my boyfriend, my boyfriends dogs went down the street, (without leashes),to play with one neighbors dog. Well, a second neighbors dog was also at the first neighbors house, (without a leash). And my dogs played to rough and caused, $2,000 in vet bills to the second neighbors dog.
Now they are sueing myself and my parents,(because I was visiting there house).
My case is- they are my boyfriends dogs, plus, nobody's dogs were on a leash, and it happend at the first neighbor's house!!!!!
Please tell me if this is a good defense!!!!??????????
Thanks
[email protected]

My response:

Since when is $2,000.00 worth of Vet bills considered to be "playing too rough"? Hell, for that matter, when does "playing" cause $2,000.00 worth of damages?

You're liable for the damages because YOU were the person who was required by the Leash Law to maintain "control" over the animals. It doesn't matter who owns the dogs. All of you can be sued, jointly or severally.

Tag, you're it!

IAAL

P.S. Next time, stay off the drugs, and keep the door to the trailer closed.

S

samiam20011

dog fight

There dog was also NOT on a leash, and NOT in their OWN yard.?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: dog fight

samiam20011 said:
There dog was also NOT on a leash, and NOT in their OWN yard.?

My response:

You drug-induced skank!

You said in your initial post that "it happend at the first neighbor's house!!!!!"

Stay off the drugs, and keep your stories straight! Also, learn how to spell. This is where all those years of education need to be used. Think of it as an opportunity!

IAAL

J

judy g

I think if your dog is off a leash, you are liable.

I'm wondering why this girl would be sued, since it was the boyfriend's dogs, and the incident ocurred at someone else's house?

P

Pfaffing85690

That question was answered Judy. She had immediate control of the dog.

J

judy g

thanks, that wasn't clear. I thought the boyfriend took the dogs out for a walk. Now it seems as if the dogs were at her mom's house and got loose. Is that right?

P

Pfaffing85690

I was visiting my parents house, with my boyfriends two dogs and my boyfriend, my boyfriends dogs went down the street,
This is the important statement.

This lady had possession of her boyfriend's dogs. She allowed them to leave her immediate control. Regardless of WHERE the incident took place and regardless of with which other dog and the legal conditions prevailing at the time (no lease for any dog) she failed to exercise control, injuries occurred and she is now liable under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">