• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?Snowmobile claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

metalmulisha05

What is the name of your state?
Idaho

New Years eve a girl came up to me (who was one of my buddy's girlfriend's friend) in a parking lot and asked me if she could start my sled i said yeah then she asked if she could ride it real quick she and two friends got on and took off went up on the road and came back they stopped by me and my two friends and asked if we had goggles? I told the girl to get off my sled because i was going to ride it down to the cabin she told me no and said that i could walk. Two witnesses heard me say this. then she took off on it an lost control immediately and crashed it into a telephone pole. She went to the hospital and ended up with no injuries. However my sled got 4100 dollars in damage (estimated by a repair shop.) I had insurance on it but it only covered the loan. The sled is worth about 5000 the insurance company totaled it out and only paid off the loan of 2200 bucks. I tried to get the girl and her family to pay me the rest of repairs which was 1900. Her dad told me to go to hell. And to have my lawyer call him. So what course of action should i take. Is this considered theft. Should try small claims or get a lawyer and sue them through other courts. what are my chances what do you folks suggest

Thanks
Chris

P

Pfaffing85690

And while I love Gramps and he is correct as to the specific charge of 'theft', once you told this girl to get off of the snowmobile and she refused, she accepted liability for her actions.

Hire an attorney and sue her for damages and, if she is a minor, her parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">