• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lssb2638

What is the name of your state? New York
I have an ex girlfriend that has obtained my mailing address and is relentless in sending letters that are threatening to disrupt my family. I know the best thing would be to just ignore them and just throw them away but my fiance is very upset about the whole thing. Is there anything I could or should do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lssb2638 said:
What is the name of your state? New York
I have an ex girlfriend that has obtained my mailing address and is relentless in sending letters that are threatening to disrupt my family. I know the best thing would be to just ignore them and just throw them away but my fiance is very upset about the whole thing. Is there anything I could or should do?

My response:

Since there are no facts in your post that would support or describe any illegal activity, your former girlfriend has every right to send you mail. You have the right to use your trashcan.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">