• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized name use for private placement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AlienNY

What is the name of your state? New York

I was an officer of a company and had 7% of the Company’s stock before private placement would be sold to clients.
Couple years latter I was told that I'm fired, and dont have any thing.

I started my research, and from documents I received from SEC I found out that my name was used in other private placement(after I was told I'm fiered), which I didn’t know anything about.

Now it's a big business and have very serious partners.

My attempt to contact officers of the Company to get an explanation, failed.

Is there a way to restore My Shares? It’s worse quite a bit now.
And can I sue them for using my name without my knowledge?

Last edited:

P

Pfaffing85690

Nice story, a real cliffhanger. I can't wait for the punchline.

HomeGuru

AlienNY said:
I was an officer of a company and had 7% of the Company’s stock before private placement would be sold to clients.
Couple years latter I was told that I'm fired, and dont have any thing.

I started my research, and from documents I received from SEC I found out that my name was used in other private placement(after I was told I'm fiered), which I didn’t know anything about.

Now it's a big business and have very serious partners.

My attempt to contact officers of the Company to get an explanation, failed.
**A: and also your attempt at following Rule #2 failed.

A

AlienNY

What is rule #2?

People, I'm looking for some help here.
If Any one has any advise, please, let me know.

Also, I'd love to give You the names, I'm just not sure about any legal issues with that.
I wouldn't want any one else to get "tricked" by them. And they are "working" with many people...

Last edited:
P

Pfaffing85690

Rule number 2:

Questions about U.S. law ONLY. Include your state, because law changes from state to state.

Also, since you never asked a legal question, are we to assume that you came here to vent?

This is a legal forum. Ask a legal question and there will be people ready to help you. As long as they know for which state the question is being asked. (That's a hint)

A

AlienNY

Thanks Pfaffing85690,
I've edited my original post, is it ok now?

HomeGuru

AlienNY said:
What is rule #2?

People, I'm looking for some help here.
If Any one has any advise, please, let me know.

Also, I'd love to give You the names, I'm just not sure about any legal issues with that.
I wouldn't want any one else to get "tricked" by them. And they are "working" with many people...
**A: yes, we need names so we don't get tricked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">