• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of sexual molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddamron

What is the name of your state? Utah

My father is being accused of sexual molestation of a minor. I'll try to be as brief as possible. My father's second wife has a son who has been nothing but trouble. He married a woman that is trouble as well. She had two girls from a previous marriage and they had a boy and a girl together. Both parents were sent to prison. My father and step-mother took in all four kids so they would'nt be sent to foster care. The youngest girl was 4 at the time. The two parents have been in and out of jail and or prison for the past 10 years. The two oldest girls moved out and my parents continued to raise the two youngest. The parents moved into my parents rental unit and my parents supported them for the last year or so. The childrens parents were always fighting and then the children's mother would call the cops and have the husband arrested. My father would have to bail him out or support the family. This went on for several months. Finally, my father went over and told them that if they were going to continue then he was not going to bail anyone, and they coulc just move out and fend for themselves. Two hours later the cops were at my fathers door saying that he was being accused of child molestation. We have made contact with a lawyer and are doing what we need to do, but how can someone make accusations wihtout any proof. I am one of 5 daughters before my father remarried. I have talked to all of my sisters to see if they felt that any of this may have grounds for charges. Everyone of them were outraged. What should we expect? It seems like he is guilty until proven innocent in this case.

stephenk

hire dad an attorney. that's about all you can do at this point.

was dad arrested and booked or was he just told an accusation had been made?

D

ddamron

he was just questioned. but today they questioned his wife and said they were going to charge her as well. the allegation is that she knew and did nothing. (bull,bull,bull) if you knew my step mom she would have killed my dad without blinking an eye if she even suspected anything like this. thank you for replying

ddramon

If you can afford it, I would get your dad an attorney now!!... I have a brother who was being falsely accused of the same kind of allegations. He/we had our trust in his public defender, and now he has been convicted. He has yet to be sentenced because we are fighting the conviction with a REAL ATTORNEY.

We found that his public defense didn't DO ANYTHING for his case at all, and my brother will have to pay the consequences because of his trust in them. Since you are in the early stages of this I would not hesitate to find an attorney AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. There are attorneys that will take cases like this pro-bono or for a reduced charge. We really got lucky with the attorney we found. He took this case for half of what other attorneys were charging and he is the best of the best. So don't give up, just make alot of calls.
Good luck to you!!!

ddramon

Oh and by the way they convicted my brother on an accusation alone, so it is possible. We never thought it would get this far, because her story kept changing and the fact that her own witnesses were saying she was crying and upset but yet when she got on the stand she said she hadn't even talked to these people.. So yea, it's possible based on an accusation alone..

kat1963

The police will sometimes say that there are going to be charges filed hoping that one party will become afraid & confess.
I agree with getting a lawyer immediately. Do not wait to see if charges will be filed. Call your state Bar Association for a referral. You need a top notch CRIMINAL law attorney. Expensive but worth it. Answer no more questions until then.
How old is the child making these accusations? Is this the 14 year old? Are there any other child in the home?
If I was your father I would start the eviction process…but do ask the attorney. I wouldn’t have anything to do with them ever again (in the interest of self preservation!!!) . Let them go live in their own self imposed h*ll.
Good Luck to your Dad!
KAT

D

ddamron

thank you all for replying. yes we have a lawyer. He is top in the field, and we are hoping for the best. pretty sad when someone can make this accusation and turn your life upside down and no proof is really needed.

K

kgryske

anyone interested, I have a similar post under child custody/visitation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">