• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ufta

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

out4blood

What is the name of your state? Michigan

We are being sued on multiple counts and one of them is a fraudulent conveyance under the UFTA our state has adopted. My live in partner added me to his deed to prevent the buyer of the house (who tricked my partner into signing a QCD before closing), from recording that deed without paying the current mortgage off, and they are claiming fraudulent transfer under UFTA. The plaintiff's are saying adding me to the deed was a fraudulent transfer under the act and are trying to get the transfer set aside. In your opinion, since the deposit for the house is being disputed over and is in the court system, is this allegation appropriate for the circumstances? If so, would it not make them have to comply with the Fair debt collection act? I know you will probably say consult your attorney, however, I was hoping to get a discussion going here. Oh, and this is important, when we found out what they were up to we offered to rescind the deal and return their deposit but they threatened to file suit. We began to renegotiate but they suddenly just filed suit. I think it was because of the contingency clause in the contract they drafted, and the fact their time was about up to show the financing. They are bullies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">