• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused falsely what should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renaldoaoa

What is the name of your state? south carolina

My ex girlfriend and I were living together for about a year and a half until two months ago. She and

I decided that she and I moved in together too fast, so she moved in with her mother. At this time we

were still together, just not living together.

On valentines day she and I went out with some friends for dinner and a night at the local club. When

she and I got there I met up with my friend and they told me that they found out she was cheating on

me with another guy. I had heard these stories all through our relationship, but I had been making her

put her hand on the bible and swear, which she did. After that the guy whom she was messing with came

up to me and told me what was going on, and other people where telling me that they saw alot of what

happend. When she saw who I was talking with she ran off, comming back about fifteen minutes later.
I broke up with her on the spot and told her that I would have her stuff (she was going to spend the

night) on the front porch when I got home.

I called her when I got home and told her to come by. When she did she knocked on my door and said she

had other stuff that she needed to get. I stupidly let her and she walked back to my room, sat down

and said she wasn't going to leave.

She and I argued for awhile and we both said things very mean to each other. but I said something that

really hurt her. I told her I was going to go call the police and as I walked out of my room she

shoved me against the wall (wall I was facing), ran into me with her body while I was still against

the wall, and grabbed my ear and shoved me to the ground. She then got on top of me and started

hitting, slapping, and scratching me. I did fight back but only to get her off of me. That consisted

of me pushing, shoving, and kicking her off.

I finally got her off and ran into the other room and got my phone and for some reason I thought It

would be better to call her mom insted of the police. I thought It would be handled without the police

getting involved. I called her mom and ask her to please help me and that she was out of control.

When her mother got there my ex started pouring on the tears and her mother started yelling and me. So

now I have two women yelling at me in my home. My ex at one point in that conversation hit me in the

face with her mother watching. Her mother jumped in front of her and told her to stop.

The next day I had my mother and friend come by my home at the time my ex was comming to get the rest

of her things and when she got there she had a police officers with her. I didn't mind, I knew that

things wouldn't get out of hand.

Today she told a friend of mine that she is going to press charges (criminal domestic violence)

against me and they were getting the details sorted out.

I have no clue what I should if really anything.

My main questions are..

Can the police arrest me at any time for this?

Should I press charges against her?

Should I get a lawyer even though I havent been contacted by any police or lawyer?

Should I just wait and see what she does?

Should I contact the police and give them a statement even though I haven't heard anything from them

or a attorny?

Those are really the only things I can think of right now, but I really appreciated any feedback not

to just my questions, but for any advice anyone can give me on what I should do.

I have pictures of myself and I've already written a statement for myself on my computer.

Nothing like this has happend to me before and I'm not sure what all this means.
I don't see how she can do this, everyone knows how vindictive she is and everyone knows of the

problems I've had to put up with her. I know he has some of friends who are police officers, so who

knows what could happen from that.
I could've really hurt her had that been something I wanted to do. but all I did was get her off of

me.

I have never been in jail or been in trouble with the law, so again I have no idea what I should do.

Any help that can be given would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">