• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? about sba loans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

like2learn

What is the name of your state? california

Hi, new to this board, but have read many great info!

I now have a question of my own.

I am thinking of applying for a sba loan for a business start up. I have my Business plan ready but recently read on SBA website about ineligible business that can apply.

I am thinking of starting a direct selling company with single level commisions, On sba website, they don't lend to pyramid "schemes".

I understand their are similarities in regards to the aspect of the way the business is run, my question is "IS Direct selling (e.g AVON) considered a Pyramid Scheme company in SBA's eyes?

Thank you for any advice given!

L

like2learn

Honestly, I have not yet asked a SBA rep yet, I just read the info tonight on SBA website and wanted to know if anyone on this forum knew the answer. fro some reason, it never accured to me that direct selling might /can be seen as pyramid companies, however, I have shown my b plan to a SCORE rep and he never mentioned that this plan is not eligible for a loan. But I might also mention that he was not very helpful in my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">