• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander in writing?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adam531982

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I've been writing a memoir/autobiography and I've reached a point where I have to write very negative things about a relative that is still living. Is it considered slander for me to write bad things about somebody and my opinions on that person? Could I be sued if I was to get the book published? Can someone help me? Thanks!

HomeGuru

adam531982 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I've been writing a memoir/autobiography and I've reached a point where I have to write very negative things about a relative that is still living.

**A: and who said you HAVE to write at all. Is someone pointing a gun at your head, did you get served a court oder to write......?

Is it considered slander for me to write bad things about somebody and my opinions on that person? Could I be sued if I was to get the book published? Can someone help me? Thanks!

**A: if your writings are the truth, you are protected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">