• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nervous

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodperson

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I send my children to a small Christian school wear I am fulltime volunteer parent. I substitute teach, cub scout leader, PTO secretary and a whole lot more. This year we got a new student in second grade which happens to be my childs grade. I had met them before year's ago but did not know them. Shortly after the new child started the child's father (divorced from the mother) tried to pick him up from school. The mother said she had full custody (she does) and wanted him to pick him up from her home. She tried to take the child home that day and the father called the cops and had a big battle at our school. The father's new wife (I know her she is my husband's X girlfriend from 1996 and she violently attacked me before ect..) got involved in the incident claiming the mother of the child hit her with her car. The father ended up getting arrested on an old warrant for writing bad checks.

My point is the father and his new wife had no regard for anyone's child at our school. It is inexcusable and a horrible thing they did. I them spoke to the mother of the child and we talked about everything we knew about his new wife. This is Jerry Springer stuff, stripping, prostitution, 3 children 3 different men, drugs and the list goes on.

I found out the father was suing the mother for full custody or revised visitation she then counter sued for her child not to be allowed anywhere near the new wife. I believe in a father's right to see his children but he choose a poor influence for a stepmother and I would never allow my child around her either.

The mother asked me to testify for her in court. I said NO at first! I am afraid of revenge. But after the incident at our school and her parading around our
school like somone special I thought I could help.

In July 2003 before school started I checked my husbands email for him and there was a picture of the new wife with no clothes on. It looked kind of professional. I figured she sent it . I deleted the email but saved the attachment.

After the school issues I talked w/ the mother and told her I had something that might help her case. I told her I wished to remain anonymous and I gave her the picture.

The trial was this week. After other issues at our school I knew I had to testify. I went to the court house w/ other people from our school on Wed. to only testify about the child being in cub scouts and stuff like that. That afternoon the pic was brought out and they demaned to know who gave it to the mother and they told my name. Now I was no longer anonymous. The next day I testified first about the past, then school stuff then the picture.

I told them how I got it and they tried to discredit me and all kinds of terrible stuff. I was so nervous and I truly wish I never gave that pic to anyone. My whole intention was to keep the step mother from coming to our school and trying to protect that poor child.

Someone over heard them talking to their attorney about the picture (she denied it was her) saying she was going to sue me.

They have money, a crooked attorney that would tell them they could win so she gets money.

My question is I was told nothing in a court case can be used against you in another court case by the mothers attorney. But I am still scared they can come up with something. Can someone help me with this issue? I think the think that scares me the most is I didn't tell my husband I gave the picture to the mother and he would be upset. He told me not to get involved.

Thanks in advance for reading an answering.

JETX

Bottom line..... you butted your nose into someone elses business and as a result are now subject to the whims of the parties involved.

And guess what?? Your belief that "nothing in a court case can be used against you in another court case by the mothers attorney" is NOT correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">