• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I live in NY and I'm being sued in Florida! Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrmartyc

What is the name of your state? NY

I lived in FL for a year. I went to a doctor and had excellent medical insurance. When I am in NY I get a letter stating that my insurance didn't cover $46 of his care. And they (the lawyer collecters) want $84 to include their fees. I feel I'm in the right as my insurance company said it was their mistake in coding the procedure. Can they make me show up to Florida even though I think I am right? And they say if I fight the claim they will report this to my creditors. How do I protect my credit and fight them w/o having to fly down to FL?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Why are you fighting this for such a small amount? So what if the doctor miscoded the procedure? The fact is, you nonetheless received treatment and services.

Pay the damn amount, and stop being a deadbeat!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">