• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pazz73

Michigan

My ex-husband and I were arguing a few days ago when he hit me in front of our two small children. The police were called and he was taken to jail. He had a previous warrant for child support so he was arraigned on 500 bond, with a no contact order. He is out on bond and I have served him with a Personal Protection Order. He now has to go to court for sentencing. What type of sentencing would he reveive if any. This is his first offense for domestic violence and how can i protect my children because now my children who are 3 and 4 years old do not want to see him and do not want to go with him. Legally what can i do to protect my children.?

stephenk

get a restraining order for you and the kids. your court should have a domestic abuse advisor to assist in the paperwork.

P

pazz73

I have a restraining order currently on him but it states he can take the children on his weekend. My kids are so afraid of him my son will not go with him. Can i get the ppo amended so he cant have any contact at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">