• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correct procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyaaron

Virginia
I won a judgment against a company in Ohio.
I filed a triple seal in Ohio, because that is where the company I sued is. Their attorney filed a motion to "Annual foreign judgment and to Stay enforcement of a void foreign".
The presiding Judge ordered a stay of execution for 60 days and an evidentiary hearing.
The defendants continued the first hearing scheduled. Then 4 days after that hearing the same Judge that ordered the stay of execution and evidentiary hearing granted the motion to annual foreign judgment without the hearing. I wasn’t notified of the decision so I didn’t appeal. I found out about the decision of the motion when I went to the rescheduled evidentiary hearing, which the defendants didn't show up to. I filed a motion to reverse judgment, but I not sure if it will do any good, because they say I didn’t file an appeal within 30 days of the decision.
Questions:
Can the courts proceed without having an evidentiary hearing after it was ordered?
Can I appeal the judgment decision and if so on what grounds?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">