• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Dad In Denial Or Dillusional

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MSDEMARSE

What is the name of your state? Vermont. I have possibly a selfish sounding inquiry. I am 25 years old, within the past 6 to 7 years my "father" has began questioning if he is my biological father or not. I am in the process of having a DNA test done, (hopefully that will fill in this void) but my question is, is being that he was for most of my life a deadbeat, is he still at all liable for past expenses my mother had accrued (if he is my father)? I don't mean to sound vindictive, but I feel he owes it to my mother. The SLIGHT possibility that he isn't my father has led him to feel "ok" with not support my upbringing. Pretty weak man,huh? Let me know what you think? Thank You for your time :)

P

Pfaffing85690

Was there ever a support order issued to your mother from any court?

P

Pfaffing85690

Then paternity at this point is moot. There is nothing you can do ( or that your mother can do) except move on and forget the loser.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Zip, Zero, Nada. Mom wasn't bugged enough to get a court order for support - you don't get to fix that mistake. It really is that simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">