• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To sue or not to sue...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state? Texas
Okay....I have a court order that says my daughter and her boyfriend are supposed to pay child support to me because I have temporary conservatorship of their infant.
Not only have they not paid all the child support they are supposed to pay, but they won't give me the child's ss# so I can write off daycare charges I've incurred. There are also medical bills, attorney's fees and daily living expenses that I have paid and they won't even pay child support to help out!
Can I take them to small claims court and sue for reimbursement of all of these expenses?

P

Pfaffing85690

The answer has not changed from yesterday when you posted this same exact question. YOU MUST return to the same court that granted you the support and file a show cause for contempt of court.

That answer will not change tomorrow, the next day, next week or next year.

P

Pfaffing85690

You, whoever the hell you are, are a liar.

smcgarry

Similar Situation
What is the name of your state? Texas
We recently obtained temporary conservatorship of my grand daughter, who is 9 mos. old.
The bio parents won't follow the court order and won't pay the child support they were ordered to by the judge.
Every time the baby visits the bio parents she comes home sick from the smoke inhailation.
We don't want the baby to go back to the bio parents because they don't have her best interest at heart.
What can we do? Can you offer any advice?

Now, should I go get the entire thread where I suggested to you that you file a show cause order for contempt on the support issue and also that there was not one damn thing you could do about the smoking?

smcgarry

Thank you.
The original court order did state the child support was supposed to be through a "wage assignment" but that has never been done and I don't know how to enforce it and my attny. obviously doesn't think it's important enough.
They do both have jobs and a checking account.
My attny. told me that if I took my daughter to court for non-payment of child support the judge wouldn't look too favorably on me because she IS my daughter, after all.
I have paid this attny. in full and cannot afford another attny. and thought I might come here and get some help in deciding what to do.

smcgarry

YOU, whoever YOU think you are.....are not a very nice person and need to learn some manners!!!
Thank you soooo much for chasing me away from this forum...I don't need to take this kind of cr*p from you....I get enought of it from the legal system here in TX and from my daughter and her pce of cr*p boyfriend!!!
You are a very bitter and angry person and I feel sorry for your kids for having to come and visit you at all!!

GOD BLESS ALL THE INNOCENT CHILDREN OUT THERE!!!!

BL

Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth so help you god ??

Ohhh The Devil made you lie !!! lmao

Anyways if you have legal signed documents to the infant, in those records must be a SS #, go to the records room, look over the File and write it down, or get copies of the records granting you these rights. It should have the SS# on it.

H

hjallge

Also, you need to have your attorney draw up an enforcement order for child support to send to your daughter and her boyfriend's employer. I have found that in order for their wages to be garnished, their employer must be ordered to do so. In Texas child support goes through the attorney general, and if you contact them they will handle going after your daughter for child support without you spending an arm and a leg on attorney fees. The only down side is that the attorney general tends to act more slowly than an attorney.

smcgarry

Thank you so much. The ss# is not on any of the legal docs...I double checked yesterday.
The reason I turned to this forum to begin with is because my attny. won't get on the ball and follow up with these things. I can't even get him to call me back at this point and he doesn't communicate the "rules" very well.
Thank's again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">