• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overcoming the past??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJF

What is the name of your state? R.I.
I'd like some legal info about a father who introduced drugs to his son at 6 years old and continued to educate him and do them with him thruout his adolescents, starting with pot and moving on to cocaine and acid as he became a teenager and although they are estranged and live in different states the son is now 38 and although has battled these demons and fought against the odds has never been able to beat the addiction to pot and it isn't a social thing it's more a survival addiction, the son has many, many scars, he lite his fathers truck on fire at age 8 to name one of many incidents and was never given the help he so needed as a child, the mother now admits her neglect but the father is in no way accountable and the son is very tired it's a awful burden to bear and he has sought help many times and some help but the monkey is still there and no one is being held accountable. Thanks for any help and this is in no way about a financial vendetta it is more about a bad person admitting their responsible for this, to help with settling some of the self hatred and blame that the son lives with daily.

P

Pfaffing85690

You son is accountable. Plain and simple.

And next time, before you hit the 'submit reply' button, please read your post. There are very few who will wade through a post this long without any periods.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect, Pfaff, this IS the son. However, you are correct. OP - the father haivng a "come to Jaysus" moment and admitting his wrongdoings isn't going to do a damned thing to help you. It will not remove the monkey or your various addictions. YOU are the only one who can do that - with a lot of hard work and soul searching. And probably a very good counselor. Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">