• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Linds462

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Here's the story:

In short, it has been 3 1/2 years since my wedding and I have still not received my wedding pictures from the photographer.

I was married in October, 2000. This was my second marriage and I had such good luck with the photographer from my first wedding that my fiance and I decided to seek her out for this wedding as well. We found out that she was no longer at her studio that she owned, but had decided to freelance. We had engagement pictures taken beofre the wedding and got them back and they were wonderful.

We went through the whole thing just like I remembered from the first wedding, she was active, showed up, took the pictures that she was supposed to, etc. She delivered the proofs to use so that we could pick the ones out that we wanted in our album and we picked them out and gave them back to her to have made and put into the album. This was early summer of 2001.

I called her in the fall since I realized I had not heard from her and she stated that she did not have them ready. In fact, she did not even know that we had dropped off the pictures. Later she told me that her housekeeper had put them in her home office and she had not noticed that they were there. I was understanding and told her that I would like them by Christmas so that I could show relatives that I rarely see. She said no problem. I didn't get them by Christmas. I was so angry becasue I ahd to explain to my family that I did not get them back after I promised to bring them along.

The saga goes on with me calling at various times, leaving messages, her calling back, saying she didn't ahve time, got another job in addition to the freelancing, she's stretched pretty thin - blah, blah, blah. So, finally, one of the times I called her she answered and said that she had most of the album done, but had to put together the last couple of pages. She said that she had to work the weekend, but she had Monday off, would work on them and give me a call when they were done. A week went by with no call so I called her. And called her. And called her. This was September 2002.

So, needless to say, I have endlessly for the past two years called her home and cell leaving messages saying that I wanted my pictures. I eventually started telling her that if she did not call me back I was going to have to pursue legal avenues to get them out of her. I last called her on 2/21/04 and she has again not responded. I have had it.

What are my options here? Do I need to press charges, file suit - both? It is obvious that she is avoiding the issue and I would like my pictures. I am fed up with it and would really like the pictures, negatives, etc., as well as my money back. I have spent much of my time worrying, calling, and badgering to try and get some closure. I feel that I have invested way too much in this just to get the pictures. She should not be able to get away with this. I feel that she should in some way be punished and me compensated for this whole debacle. It would be one thing if I had been duped and picked a bad phtographer. But I had experience with her and had used her before and for her to do this to me, especially as a repeat customer, is unconscionable!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Linds

stephenk

Cmon now. Do you really need our permission for you to file your small claim action against this person? You should have filed suit 3 1/2 years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">