• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I request a new Judge?(Step Parent Adoption)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tackett2004

I am from Kentucky.
My husband and I have been together four years and have 2 children together. I also have a 7 year old daughter from a previous marriage and my husband wants to adopt her. THE PROBLEM...No attorney is willing to take our case before the family court judge in our county. The Fam Court Judge refuses to allow my x to terminate his rights he says that he will not let him take the "easy way out". I am confused as to how the Judge can deny our petition. I could type a book about reasons my x-husband should not have legal rights to my daughter (not that he wants them anyway) but, the main reason my husband and I are seeking to have his rights terminated and to have my current husband to adopt is this: If I die tomorrow the faimly court would give custody to my x automatically. My family would have to fight tooth and nail to keep her away from a man who does not want her in the first place. We want to be sure that, in the event of my death, my daughter is allowed to stay with her family. The only family she has ever really known and cares about. Is there any way to have our case transfered to a different family court in our area. I do not feel like we are getting fair treatment.:confused:

Last edited:

nextwife

Wonder whether he allows pregnant woman who wish to make an adoption plan and allow an adoption to do so, or he insists that they not "take the easy way" out? I THOUGHT that the issue was what was in the "best interests of the child"?

Did you use an attorney? What is their suggestion?

T

tackett2004

nextwife said:
"I THOUGHT that the issue was what was in the "best interests of the child"?
You know, that is exactly what I thought. It would be in everyone's best interest for his rights to be terminated.
Yes we have spoken to 3 attorneys in this county only. The first ripped us off: We gave him the $, went to court, the judge basically laughed in our face, and nothing was done.
The next 2, including the attorney who has handled everything else (except the afore mentioned incident) have simply said, that no judge T won't do that, it's his policy unless the x has some kind of record or something. They don't want to waste our time & $ I guess. My x doesn't have a record but, for example, he has been in 4 fights in 2 years (1 put him in critical condition and he stabbed someone in the process) and he has been kicked out of 3 apartments.

T

tackett2004

Just Wanted To Add Something

Our County is dominated by Politcs...Our last Gov is from my hometown and he still dictates EVERYTHING!!! Even in family court, the one place politics shouldn't exist, the court is filled with them. My point...Most of the attorneys in town are rubbing elbows with all the local polititians and judges. They are not going to do anything that might make them look bad when they decide to get on some pointless committee, run for office, or present a completly ludicris case in court. These are some reasons we want to have our case transfered to a nearby county....WE JUST NEED TO FIND OUT HOW!!:mad:

L

legalpandq

DON'T DO IT

If you live in Pikeville, as your profile says, don't try to request another judge!!!!!!!!! bad news will be all that follows. my husband and i tried that unoficially and word gets back to our precious "judge T" as you called him. the best way to go about trying to get your x rights taken away is to just keep asking questions and do a lot of investigating. people on this sight seem real helpfula and a couple of them have sent me some good links. email me and we can talk [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">