• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave_pn

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi I am involved in a case against an employer for disability discrimination / retribution that has been dismissed by the judge on summary judgment motion in favor of employer. My attorney & I feel the judge is wrong in his interpretation of NY State Law and we are thinking of an appeal.

The case was taken on contingency basis and now my attorney is demanding more money for this appeal and to enter into another contract.

My attorney's contingency fee on this case is 25% pre-trial settlement and 1/3(33 and 1/3 in %) if this goes to trial.

Could someone enlighten with their knowledge as to how the standard appeal contract in pre-trial summary judgment dismissal ( NOT POST-TRIAL APPEAL ) is worded as regard to attorney's fees. i.e. is it a lump sum or a percentage of recovery when the case is won. ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">