• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

afraid of what could happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spunkyjunior2

What is the name of your state? VA

I just recently found out from a family member that my hubby wanted to kill me when i was pregnant with our son. We have been seperated on and off after he has severely violent spells. This time he wants us to come back but after being told this I am scared to because I use to stay very sick when I was there. We have two children which he doesn't have anything to do with, he only wants to see them to toture me, he spends no time with them what so ever. He is very emotionally abusive and at first I was willing to try to work things out because I thought he was seriously changing, but the past week has revealed he hasn't, if anything he has gotten worse by trying to hit me because I had a cigarette in my mouth, he said it was disqusting and then began kicking my vehicle, and trying to bust my window to hit me. My question is, is it possible to legally change the identity of my children and myself to protect us from him? I have tried hiding from him before after he attacked me and our children but he found us easily. Can anyone tell me how to do this legally, I dont want to break the law or anything just protect my family.

HomeGuru

spunkyjunior2 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I just recently found out from a family member that my hubby wanted to kill me when i was pregnant with our son. We have been seperated on and off after he has severely violent spells. This time he wants us to come back but after being told this I am scared to because I use to stay very sick when I was there. We have two children which he doesn't have anything to do with, he only wants to see them to toture me, he spends no time with them what so ever. He is very emotionally abusive and at first I was willing to try to work things out because I thought he was seriously changing, but the past week has revealed he hasn't, if anything he has gotten worse by trying to hit me because I had a cigarette in my mouth, he said it was disqusting and then began kicking my vehicle, and trying to bust my window to hit me. My question is, is it possible to legally change the identity of my children and myself to protect us from him? I have tried hiding from him before after he attacked me and our children but he found us easily. Can anyone tell me how to do this legally, I dont want to break the law or anything just protect my family.
**A: the easiest way is to shoot him and claim self-defense.

stephenk

you want to still stay married but change the names of your children and yourself?

First contact the police when he gets abusive and assist the prosecutor in putting him in jail.

Second, file for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">