• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Standard Font and type for Motions??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnagel

What is the name of your state? KS

I am preparing a civil complaint for Federal Court and wanted to know what the standard, or near standard FONT and FONT SIZE for my complaint? I checked the Rules book and could not find mention of a recommended font and size?

I want my complaint to look as professional as possible. What do you suggest?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wnagel said:
What is the name of your state? KS

I am preparing a civil complaint for Federal Court and wanted to know what the standard, or near standard FONT and FONT SIZE for my complaint? I checked the Rules book and could not find mention of a recommended font and size?

I want my complaint to look as professional as possible. What do you suggest?

My response:

Any "conventional" typeface (commonly referred to as "font" in computer programs) may be used, such as Times New Roman, Courier, Arial or Helvetica. It may be either proportionally spaced or monospaced. Standard font size is 12 point.

IAAL

auntnana

I recently filed a civil complaint in Federal Court as well. I did not read anything on font, but my local federal rules listed margins, paper size, limits on the number of pages you can submit, and a few other minor things on top of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. I would look at your local rules if you haven't already to make there isn't anything in there that might be overlooked.

Good luck with your case!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">