• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AOAO board member situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cwillyrhe

What is the name of your state? HI
My husband & I are owners of a condo unit in a complex. I am currently an officer on the board of directors for our Association. Recently there was a verbal altercation between my husband and another board member, police were called and this other board member claims he is going to press charges of harrassment. The altercation resulted due to the other board member leaving secured areas unlocked "for a contractor doing work", but the contractor did not come for 2 days and my husband felt that was a risk that needed to be brought to the attention of that board member. Two questions......1) Can this other board member/owner do something that will jeopordize our ownership/living in our unit? 2) Can this other board member be held liable for jeopordizing the safety of our complex and property (as a whole) by leaving these secured areas unlocked?
Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">