• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is wrong with this lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

out4blood

What is the name of your state? MI

We have a lawyer for a civil matter regarding a bogus real estate transaction. So far, I am getting the gist that he is trying to get us to fire him, since he has taken the case and is supposed to represent it until the end unless we dismiss him.

He failed to file the answer to the complaint and put us in default, which he then fixed, and now he is trying to get us to settle and pay them for things they had a duty to mitigate prior to filing a complaint. The plaintiff's new we had to go back to the table and meantime they sent out surveyors and the soil and water guy. Now they want us to pay for them. Without going into detail the guy basically tried to take title to the house without even applying for a loan to pay off the current mortgage and planned to leave it in our name and make payments. The contract makes no sense, as it conflicts with itself on several material points.

Our lawyer has put us in default, not entered important material evidence, and his arguments and answers are weak. Is he lazy or is he on the other side?

HomeGuru

out4blood said:
What is the name of your state? MI

We have a lawyer for a civil matter regarding a bogus real estate transaction. So far, I am getting the gist that he is trying to get us to fire him, since he has taken the case and is supposed to represent it until the end unless we dismiss him.

He failed to file the answer to the complaint and put us in default, which he then fixed, and now he is trying to get us to settle and pay them for things they had a duty to mitigate prior to filing a complaint. The plaintiff's new we had to go back to the table and meantime they sent out surveyors and the soil and water guy. Now they want us to pay for them. Without going into detail the guy basically tried to take title to the house without even applying for a loan to pay off the current mortgage and planned to leave it in our name and make payments. The contract makes no sense, as it conflicts with itself on several material points.

Our lawyer has put us in default, not entered important material evidence, and his arguments and answers are weak. Is he lazy or is he on the other side?
**A: so what are you waiting for? Can his butt and hire another.

gryndor

Wow

I'm really suprised you senior members don't have some kind of "Free Advice Posters that Suck" list right by your computers.

In the real world, businesses have the right to turn down their services to anyone they choose, barring protected groups like the handicapped. This too can be seen as a business, (more like volunteering of the senior members' personal time) and if you don't like what they have to say, go away!

These people that bitch and moan that you guys (and gals) are being mean just appall me... THEN they wait a few days and post anew in another area. Unbelievable!

Gryn

HomeGuru

Re: Wow

gryndor said:
I'm really suprised you senior members don't have some kind of "Free Advice Posters that Suck" list right by your computers.

**A: but on the contrary, we do have such a list.
In the real world, businesses have the right to turn down their services to anyone they choose, barring protected groups like the handicapped. This too can be seen as a business, (more like volunteering of the senior members' personal time) and if you don't like what they have to say, go away!

**A: yes, we select who we care to respond to, if at all.

These people that bitch and moan that you guys (and gals) are being mean just appall me... THEN they wait a few days and post anew in another area. Unbelievable!

Gryn

**A: get used to it. Nothing new.

P

Pfaffing85690

Ahhhhh it was soooo nice to see my friend Hexy's comment in print again.

Needless to say, with Jet, HG AND hexy being treated like dog doo-doo by this idiot he'll get nothing but a boot in the behind from me.

Bu bye :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">