• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elainelp

What is the name of your state?
Minnesota
2001 My partner and I opened a store.
3 years before that we had a website in which I was a 50% partner. It was also acknowledged that although he put the money into the store, I was to recieve 50% since I ran it. (although at tax time He was told by his accountants I could only be a 10% partner.)
In February of 2003 He had my 2 daughters sign a partnership
paper, that made them equal partners, making us all 25% partners. Which I had no problem. But we never received copies of this partnership change) He walked away from the business. and filed Bankruptsy. I closed the store. Now he says he needs all the names on the tax forms for 2003. Don't these partnerships have to be filed with the state? should we have received a copy of this partnership?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">