• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting additional documents from Plaintf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mgray1

Washington DC?

I'm in a civil dispute with my former divorce lawyer. I believe that he did not provide me with effective, adequate counsel. therfore I refuse to pay him reamaining fees. He sued me and I'm trying to defend myself. We have a trial date set for May 3, 2004. I need to reaquest some addtional documents, hand written notes etc. etc., from him. What is the procedure for ? Do I just write to him requesting the document?
thanks

HomeGuru

mgray1 said:
Washington DC?

I'm in a civil dispute with my former divorce lawyer. I believe that he did not provide me with effective, adequate counsel. therfore I refuse to pay him reamaining fees. He sued me and I'm trying to defend myself. We have a trial date set for May 3, 2004. I need to reaquest some addtional documents, hand written notes etc. etc., from him. What is the procedure for ? Do I just write to him requesting the document?
thanks
**A: hire a legal malpractice attorney to level the playing field.

M

mgray1

Sure I would like to that, but I can't find one. Do you know anyone?
Furthermore, I need an attorney to take the case on a contigency base.

JETX

It is extremely unlikely that you will find a legal malpractice attorney who is willing to take this on a contingency. Which means that, if you do proceed with this to trial, you will be at a HUGE disadvantage and drastically limit your chances of success.

In any case, you could request the documents by serving the opposing party with a Subpoena Duces Tecum..... but be prepared to an objection as to work product.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">