• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sindybyington

What is the name of your state? idaho
I recently sold 3 disneyland tickets on ebay. they were five day passes which we used 3 days of, and then sold them for the last two days. this was all described in the auction. the buyer has filed for a chargeback on my paypal because she claims the tickets were taken away from her when she tried to use them. Her claim is that they can't be sold because they are non-transferable. I say she knew what she was buying. she has also filed against two other people on ebay that she bought tickets from and I found out from them that she actually was able to use the tickets to get into the park and then tried to exchange them for annual passports, something that I did not tell her she could do. Does this make it her fault for losing the tickets? What should I do?

P

Pfaffing85690

Ask Mickey to go over to her house and beat the rat crap out of her.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sindybyington said:
What is the name of your state? idaho
I recently sold 3 disneyland tickets on ebay. they were five day passes which we used 3 days of, and then sold them for the last two days. this was all described in the auction. the buyer has filed for a chargeback on my paypal because she claims the tickets were taken away from her when she tried to use them. Her claim is that they can't be sold because they are non-transferable. I say she knew what she was buying.

MY RESPONSE: Were the tickets, in fact, "nontransferable"?

she has also filed against two other people on ebay that she bought tickets from and I found out from them that she actually was able to use the tickets to get into the park and then tried to exchange them for annual passports, something that I did not tell her she could do. Does this make it her fault for losing the tickets? What should I do?

MY RESPONSE: The above situation has NOTHING to do with YOUR sale to her. And, if these "two other people" sold her tickets, WHY would you say, "something that I did not tell her she could do"? What do YOU have to do with these "other two people"?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I found your answer on the Disneyland site - - something YOU could have done for yourself.

The following is from the terms and conditions of Passport purchases:

"Usage conditions
Annual Passports can only be used by the designated Passport holder. They are not transferable."

So, by reading the tickets, this is something you knew, OR SHOULD AND COULD HAVE KNOWN prior to the sale of the tickets.

You're at fault and you're BUSTED!

IAAL

JETX

ACTUALLY, according to the writers post, these were "five day passes" and not "annual passports".

I also searched the Disneyland website and did find where there is a non-transferable provision for the annual passports, but could NOT find such a restriction on the five-day passes.

The only restrictions I could find for the five-day 'pass' are:
• A value-priced multi-day ticket entitling Guests to admittance to both Disneyland® Resort theme parks over a specified number of days, including visits to both theme parks on the same day.
• Park Hopper® Bonus Tickets include as a bonus, a $10 ESPN Zone® Arena Game Card valid at the ESPN Zone® in the Downtown Disney® District.
• The first visit must occur on or before January 3, 2005.
• All Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 16, 2005, which ever occurs first.
• Each day of use of a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use.

Since it is only logical that they (Disney) would restrict the reselling of these passes, I would imagine that there is a no-transfer statement very likely printed on the tickets themselves.
Bottom line.... if the tickets are in fact NON-transferable, the seller would be liable for failing to provide a 'merchantable' product. Still BUSTED!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">