• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ScorpioBabe

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I need some help! My friend, we'll call her April, lives in a terrible envirnment. Anytime April tries to eat her mom says, "You don't need that" or something else in reference to weight. April weighs only 82 pounds and she's a freshmen in high school. April is constantly thinking about suicide. She's tried it twice and I'm afraid for her. She thinks the only way to get out of that house is to hurt herself or her brother. April's brother, we'll call him Andy, always beats her up. Her parents turn away and pretend it's not happening. She has bruises all the time and her self esteem is zilch. My mom is willing to adopt her but we don't know what to do. How could my mom adopt her? We don't know is her mom will agree so there's tons of problems. Please email me at [email protected] instead of replying. I really want to help her. Thank you for your time, Simply Confuzzled.

nextwife

How very sad. It is doubtful your family could adopt, but perhaps you could help her. First, CPS should be called, as the mom is interferring with the girl eating properly. Additionally, the parent's are allowing her to be physically abused by her brother. She is understandably depressed and frantic to find a way out. She needs therapy as well as any potential relief from that environment.

Maybe her mom would agree to let her live with your family?

Perhaps you have a school counselor you could speak with to see if they have any suggestions for resources to help her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">