• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure on what i need to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jushere

What is the name of your state? SC

about 1 and a half years ago i was arrested for armed robbery, however nothing was taken nor was i armed. The case has since been dismissed. My question however is can I sue the people who wrote the statements against me since they were false. Maybe make them liable for bond, lawyer fees, emotional distress, slander, false charges, or mental anguish and possibly get any where.
The officer that came to the scene the night it happened thought that it was basically bs, however after several attempts to file these charges, the cops finally charged me one night when he called "raising hell" as the cop put it. The "victims" had conflicting statements as well.
Could i possibly win a case against the police department for filing these charges or for refusing to give me my medication, or am i just wasting time and money?
Any help would be much appreciated.

P

Pfaffing85690

You have about as much chance of winning a suit against the police department as I do of being young, good looking and rich....

Oh wait, one out of three ain't bad.

AND the only way you can win against the complaining witnesses would be to PROVE that they knew the statements they made were false and did so with the intent to do harm to you.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

J

jushere

even if they changed their statements 3 different times to try and make themsleves look better b/c the first statment said that i took 20 dollars then the second statement that one wrote said i took 27 dollars then the third one, they also wrote said i took 30 dollars. There is a record of that. Plus they also charged a 4th victim with the crime that i had never even met.
How would i go and file this on my own behalf? Could i possible bring charges on them for false police statements? Would either of these go anywhere?
I also believe that the victims father pulled some strings.....Plus I was refused a copy of my statement from the police department even though i know i am entitled to it. They wouldn't even let me write it myself.

P

Pfaffing85690

And what is the rest of the story? You know, the part that we are NOT hearing?

J

jushere

what happened that night was a 19 year old took 20 dollars from my little sister who was 12 at the time. We (me and three other defendents) went to that resident and ask what the problem was and try to resolve the issue. No one was assualted nor did we have the intention of doing bodily harm. One of the "victims" picked up a pole like he wanted to hit us with it, we told him to drop it, he didn't want to, so on that note I relized that a resolutions was not possible. Then someone i was with stupidly pulled out a bb gun and said i suggest you put that pipe down. Me and the other 2 defendent were shocked by this and told him to put that thing away and get out of here. Then me and the other 2 defendents took him out to the car, and told him that was uncalled for. We explained to them at the house that we never meant for that to happen, and that we didn't even know he had a bb gun on him...all we wanted to do was to try to talk to the 19 year old and try to get my little sister her money back. We then left soon after that.
the guy who pulled the bb gun, we didn't even know him that well. We just ran into him at a gas station just minutes before we actually got there, He wanted a ride home. We didn't even know his last name much less that he had a weapon on him.
The victims then told their father a totally different story, which is why he called the cops. The investigating officer came out there and said that they were apperantly on something, and that all of their statements conflicted each others.

stephenk

"the guy who pulled the bb gun, we didn't even know him that well. We just ran into him at a gas station just minutes before we actually got there, He wanted a ride home. We didn't even know his last name much less that he had a weapon on him."

You want us to believe you took a total stranger that you met at a gas station to go with you to try and get money back that was stolen from your sister?

AmosMoses

I think we all know what went down here. Yes, jushere, I think you need to sue. I really, really do. I belive that you will get what you so justly deserve. It isn't wierd at all to meet a total stranger looking for a ride, pick him up, and minutes later have him pull a pistol to attempt to resolve a conflict for you, and I am sure that you did all you could to keep this all at a totally civil level. This is a VERY common misunderstanding, happens all the time. No one could EVER make me believe some crazy BS like that you and several friends went over there and pulled a pistol to threaten this guy for supposedly stealing from your sister. THAT sort of stuff NEVER happens!

J

jushere

he wasn't a total stranger, i worked with him for 3 months , however i neverknew his last name much less that he would act like that. I don't need some sarcastic remark from some southern tool. If you wanted to offer some help that would have been appreciated but your sarcasm just shows your lack of intelligence. How about instead of trying to insult me, you just offer some help.....your opinion doesn't matter the people's on the jury does.

Perhaps someone else on here can tell me how to fill it myself.
that would be greatly appreciated.

AmosMoses

You are obviously a liar and a moron who selectively updates his story to fit each of his subsequent lieing, stupid posts in this thread. You asked for advice, and you got it...Knock yourself out and "fill" your suit. You are welcome.

Love,

Amos "Mr. Massive Southern Tool" Moses

J

jushere

Thank you for your two cents, i just HOPE that you NEVER get into an accident and get sued. There is no point of trying to be a "tough" guy over the computer. Luckily you will never see me, just my screen name. However i'll be the bigger person here and stop this little drama that you probably like.

The armed robbery case was dismissed due to lack of sufficent EVIDENCE, but thats not the point. The point is i have proof that they have lied on their statements, so I am trying to figure out if i should just get them on false statements or hold them liable for what i can prove isn't the truth.

No one has to believe my story, take it with a grain of salt. That's not what i'm asking. Without proof you have nothing, however i have proof that they lied on their statements. They changed their statements 3 times, their changed statements are in public records. I also have copies of these statements.

AmosMoses

Now it's an ACCIDENT?!?! Jeeeeeez. I told you, rock'n'roll...sue the pants off of them. You WILL get what you deserve. You are very welcome.

R

Ramoth

Let's see - some punk allegedly takes $20 from your sister, so you, a friend, and a co-worker drive over there, pull a gun and ask for the money back. Against all odds, none of you are in jail for this, so you want to sue the victims because they keep changing the amount of money you stole from them (and I'm not even sure where that comes into the story, but whatever).

What were your MONETARY damages resulting from this alleged lie? ANd remember, you can't include any costs associated with defending yourself from assault charges, since the assault actually happened.

What's that you say? You have no monetary damages? Then you're SOL. Grow up, keep your nose clean, and move on with your life.

Oh, and stop hanging out with that moron you work with. Next time he pulls a bb gun on someone, the "victim" may well pull out a real gun and someone's going to end up dead. It may be you.

AmosMoses

Ramoth....

Very well said.

HomeGuru: Don't worry.... This thread only STARTED at 20 bucks. With the way this guy changes his story it may well get up to 20 thousand shortly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">