• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

admissions & discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessicaTS

What is the name of your state? California (jurisdiction=oregon)

Finally straigtened out my claim; a County in Oregon has jurisdiction.

There is no need to "compel" discovery here; that motion is only filed when the defendant refuses to provide information. I'm assuming this is the same in most jurisdictions.

My question deals with "admissions"; is this similar to depositions whereby the q&a goes on record and is transcribed by a court employee? No? Can I just send a list of q's to the defendant and then present them to the court clerk for admissions? Seems a notorary would need to be involved.

Since this is small claims, I'm not unbundling, but the defendant might be...in any case, is there a link to the admissions process that I could chew on for awhile?

JTS

J

JessicaTS

JessicaTS said:
...Since this is small claims, I'm not unbundling...
B'duh! I just realized that getting advice off this site is a form of unbundling. (Guilty as charged y'honor) I am an unbundler; I admit it ;)

JTS

J

JessicaTS

"Unbundling" is the legal but frowned upon practice of providing bits of legal advice on a piecemeal basis rather than representing a client for the whole case.

A lot of attorneys won't do it, because if something goes wrong later on, the client might blame them...

Judges don't always like it, and will be harder on a pro se litigant who he/she feels is being the sock-puppet of an attorney.

JTS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">