• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falty Receipts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

killahair

What is the name of your state? mi
Well here's something I need advice on - Went to court - sold a boat "AS IS" with a receipt stating boat sold "AS IS" - no problem.Buyer bought boat - blew engine 1 month after - tries to sue me for falty engine - said I new it was bad - when I did not and sue engine builder as well - case was falty misrepresentation.Anyhow we go to court judge figures I didnt build engine as I am a not qualified and engine builder states on stand he built engine and installed engine for me - so Im done right - wrong - well here it is - engine builder feels now he may be held liable so - engine builders business is incorporated.Both incorp and engine builder now bankrupt and closed for business - now they are saying receipts I have showing work done are fake - not real and have not real name of business on them as incorp was known as one name - his personal building business another? He said he did work that is on receipts but he never seen receipts before and title of business is different (slightly).
What the hell - how do I proove thats what he gave me - I paid him cash so no check's to proove - Im worried we'll go back to misrepresentation again -Please help I dont have a lawyer as its small claims and I didnt do anything to engine.

K

killahair

Oh yeah sorry - the case was for selling a bad engine which I know judge and lawyers know I did not - they are going after engine builder not really me - can I file something asking or requesting to release me because of lack of evidence or that they know I didnt do it and its hopeless for them to keep me going to court whilst they bark one mechanic versus another mechanic? Please tell me what I can do and do I send it to Courthouse or plaintif's lawyer.Thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">