• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son was victim but was found guilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bludragon

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My son was the victim of a domestic violence by his SO. She pointed a weapon at him and dislocated his thumb. At his hearing the judge did not allow any of his evidence(police records, phone logs, etc). He was also not allowed to testify in his own behalf. His SO was able to make her statements without rebutal.

She filed a temp restraining order then called him 3 times the 3rd time she used a freinds phone when he called back. She immediately called the PD and had him arrested.

What are his options from this point? he was found guilty of domestic violence, a 6 month retraining order was put in place. Can he appeal? His attorney didn't seem to feel there was much he could do. Also my son had contacted a public defender, who was originaly supportive but then told my son it was to complicated and told him to seek private councel. He is in school and does not have the funds to protract this.

Last edited:

stephenk

what injuries did she have? did your son have an attorney at the "hearing"? What kind of hearing was it where she testified and your son didnt?

How old is your son?

B

Bludragon

stephenk said:
what injuries did she have? None
did your son have an attorney at the "hearing"? Yes
What kind of hearing was it where she testified and your son didnt? on the restraining order

How old is your son? 21

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">