• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threatened and forced to sign contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eddiepowers

What is the name of your state? az

i moved in a ladies house in exchange for repainting the outside of it. after the painting and other things were done, she called the cops and said i took her christmas balls and a yellow sweatshirt with a canary on it. the cop told me it would be better off if i left!!! i did!!!!!! but before i left we renegotiated for 1000.00 for the painting. she signed, i signed. she never paid, i sued. she counter sued for the christmas balls, etc and said that i forced here to sign the contract for painting. she signed it under "durress." it was moved from justice to civil. how should i proceed? it's gotta be the stupidest defense i've ever heard!

P

Pfaffing85690

I don't have an answer for you because I'm laughing too damn hard....

Did she get the Balls for christmas? Or was she born with them?

AmosMoses

You may have to enforce...

...the Santa clause of the contract: Have Santa forcibly take back the balls he gave her, and then she should no longer pose much of a threat. She simply won't have the balls to fight you then!

Seriously, though, if she signed a contract to pay you a grand for a job, and then when she decided to default she countersued you for these "Christmas balls" and a sweatshirt, I would think that you likely could expect to recover the money (simply by virtue of her having signed the contract...that's kinda cut and dry). I know that a buddy of mine was in a similar position here in Louisiana, having defaulted on paying for some cement work...when a judgment was rendered against him the plaintiff sarted proceedings to sell his place at sheriff's sale to recover the damages. Needless to say, he paid. Let's say that you win and by some wierd, bizarre chance her counterclaim prevails (how, I don't know), too....how much can an old sweatshirt and "Christmas Balls" cost anyway??? I am still laughing at the "Christmas Balls" thing!! What are they, anyway?

Good luck to you....talk to a lawyer and see if he thinks it is worth it to pursue this. To me, a layman, it would seem so, being that she signed a contract. What "duress" was she under? I guess it was because you were holding her balls, huh?

Last edited:
E

eddiepowers

looks like i'll be having her by the balls in may when we go to court. how ignorant to come up with an excuse like that. I forced her to sign the paper. That's ridiculous! thanks everyone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">