• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody battle w/ DV issues in Moms house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Busylif

What is the name of your state? CA

Can you tell me where I can find information on the statistics for Domestic Violence.
I’m looking for the amount of Step fathers who are domestically violent, and child abusive, vs. Step mothers.
Likelihood of Step parents vs. biological parents being abusive, spousal and child abuse.
Percentage of Domestic Violence cases that escalate to child abuse.

I am finding information on men abusing the spouses, and children, but not step parents. I would love legal info, resources, etc.

My husband and I are fighting for custody of his 7 year old daughter because her step father is physically and emotionally violent in their home. He has hit her mother in front of her, and killed her pets in front of her during a violent fight.
I’m trying to find evidence that this behavior is likely to continue and to escalate so that the court can see where we are coming from. Her mothers response is “that was then, this is now” but I believe that once the custody case is settled, things will go back to the way that they were.

Can you please help me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">