• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Subpoened - is there anything I can do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

witheredspirit

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am being subpoened for court next week for a family custody case. The reason I am being subpoened is because I once watched the child in question. There are abuse allegations against one party and they want me there to say the child never had any problems that I noticed. The child has been seen by a doctor and has a therapist both of which can testify to this and will be there. There is little information I can add.

I do not want to attend this trial. I am literally just out of the hospital from having a c-section. I also am exclusively breastfeeding my child and I do not see how I will be able to do this in a court room since there are certain ways she and I need to be sitting/laying for her to latch on correctly at this point. I also need to have my nursing pillow because of the soreness from the surgery. The case is scheduled for 2 days and I can't see it being good for me or the baby at this point.

I would like to know what steps I need to take because I'm adamant not to be there. Would a doctor's note from one or both of our doctors be enough or is there more I need to do.

Thank you.

W

witheredspirit

Just recieved it this evening after his office was closed. Plan to call tomorrow but didn't know if that would be enough because that party insists they want me there.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">