• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad chekcs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kleigha

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I am an independent sales representative for Avon, and I recently had a customer whos order came to about $118.00. She paid me by check and when I deposited the check, it bounced because the account she was writing the check from was closed. I have called her just about every day for the past 2 weeks to try to collect the payment from her, but she is not returning my calls or answering the phone when I call. Before this happened, I never had a problem getting a hold of her, but now I feel like she is avoiding me. I am not sure what I can do about this, but on top of the $118.00 returned check, I also was charged a return check fee of $5.00, and this check caused my account to bounce so I also had overdraft charges and ISF charges. Can someone please tell me if I have a case against her to collect this money she owes me? I also have a copy of the receipt for her order (they are carbon copies), the paper she wrote her order down on, and the returned check. Thank you in advance for any help :)

K

kleigha

Thank you for the links. I was also told by someone today to contact the district attorneys office and they said that I do have a case. They are mailing out the paperwork tomorrow, so on top of filing this with them, do I still need to also mail the request that you mentioned?

JETX

"They are mailing out the paperwork tomorrow, so on top of filing this with them, do I still need to also mail the request that you mentioned?"
*** The law requires that they be noticed, so you can do it now or do it later, but nothing will happen on your case until the law is complied with. The sooner the better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">