• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pfaffing Please Read This

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n_and

What is the name of your state? RI
Hey, Hoping you remember me from yesterday. I went to the police station and did everything you said to do - or tried to, anyway. The police officer I talked to wouldn't even take a statement from me! He said that I just needed to keep my daughter away from this kid, which I obviously know! So I asked if I should report it to DCYF (child services in RI) and he basically implied that they were to busy to take the time to go and talk to this Mother about her molesting son. How can they do that?!? Yeah, he's only 6, but 6 year olds grow up! Should I file a report with the State Police, or what? Just forget about it, and break all contact? I'm sorry to bother you but you helped me out yesterday and I'm hoping you wouldn't mind again.

P

Pfaffing85690

To whom did you speak yesterday, a police officer, the desk Sgt or their supervisor/chief?

n_and

I believe just a regular officer. I went in and told the guy at the desk I needed to see someone who would take a statement for me, regarding child abuse. I was led into an office where I sat down and told the officer my story. There was no name plate or anything so I am assuming a regular officer.

P

Pfaffing85690

Then go back and tell them you want to speak with a supervisor or to the chilef of police. Tell them that if you do not get to speak with someone at the supervisor level or better, that you will have no alternative but to make an appointment with the District Attorney's office where you will file a complaint against the police department in addition to your complaint against the Mother of the child.

I have to be honest with you, because of the age of the children, nothing will probably come of the complaint. HOWEVER, that does not mean you don't have the right to put the authorities on notice that such behavior is not only occurring, but not being addressed by the parent.

At the minimum, you should go to the county court and ask for a Restraining order for the child AND the mother. This will keep them away from you and your daughter or they will face criminal charges.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this answer because of the ages of the children. And if it had stopped there I would probably not be answering as I am. HOWEVER, because the Parent refuses to act to end such behavior, there is more at stake here and you should not take such actions by one police officer as normal procedure.

I'm going to be gone from the forum for a few hours but call the district attorney's office when it opens and discuss this matter with them and see what they say. Then come back here.

n_and

I will do exactly that. I am actually at work right now so I will be back in a few hours as well.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I see it as action is needed for the inactions of the mother too, and I didn't mean for you to "get alot of flack" for your answers, I'm sorry. You've got a big fan, though, and I really appreciate this.:)

n_and

Well, you were right once again. The D.A. told me that the Officer should have taken a statement and filed a complaint, at the very least. Although they are young children and he probably didn't realize what he was doing was wrong, he needs to know it IS, and the fact that his Mother stood by and did nothing, while insisting her son 'does no wrong'; indicates something needs to be done. They have contacted DCYF on my behalf and advised me to stay away. I asked about a restraining order, and whoever I was speaking to told me to go ahead with it but suggested a no contact order because there is no fee for this, I can get one from the local police station, and it lasts for 1 year. So I am going to go down after work and just ask to speak to a Supervisor - Lt. or Sgt.? so there are no problems getting a no contact order. Thanks again for your help, I'm a second year political science student and I like this site alot (it helps me learn ALOT, as I want to go to law school) so hopefully I'll talk to you again some time. THANK YOU!!!:D

P

Pfaffing85690

I'm glad you have taken the initiative in this and not relied on someone else to do the thinking.

Now follow through with the advice you have received (and next time take names and times of when and with whom you speak) and have a long talk with your daughter. Even at her age, she needs to know that this sort of behavior is not allowed and that it's o.k. to tell you if and when it happens again.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

n_and

Hello Pfaffing, everything worked out okay. I got the no contact order and DCYF contacted me last night to let me know someone went down there to talk to her. So I guess really what I need to do is supervise my daughter when she is playing with members of the opposite sex. But everything worked out a-okay. Thanks.:)

And now for something completely off the beaten path, what is that guy beeboah's problem? He wrote on that thread that I had a disgusting job written in my profile, and then took it down. That is a complete lie! I know I should just ignore him but is there a way to get him banned from here? Because this site helps me out with my schooling and I don't want people to think that about me! It is a blatent lie, and he is a jerk.
***edited 1:49 One more un-lawrelated question - do people on this site usually respond like that, or is this guy special? It seems like this is a good site to use for research purposes, either way. ***Never mind, Pfaff, figured that one out myself.

Last edited:
P

Pfaffing85690

I'm glad everything worked out.

Now ignore the woman and her child and get on with protecting your own and raising them to stand up for what is right.

As for this forum and BeeIdiot, who cares? Let him spout what he wants. Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knows his kind who come here asking a question, and then when they don't get the answer they want, either provide more 'facts' to help sway someone to their side or simply state they have already found the answer and they were right all along.

Know what we call that down her on the farm? BULLCRAP! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">