• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help on fund raising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpless443

What is the name of your state? pa
i'm a coach on a local soccer team and we need to have fund raisers for our team to get equipment and ect... the parents usually take care of this and the suggestions this year is to have a beef-n-beer at a local establishment that one of the parents go to and to also have a bowl-n-beer night, my question is if we do these fund raisers would our club or any individuals on the team be opening ourselves up to suits if a problem did happen during the fund raising event. i know alot of teams do this but i don't know if they are just willing to take the risk. thank you in advance for the help.

H

helpless443

if say regretably someone got drunk and tried to drive afterwards and hurt someone or, hurt themselves while still at the event while being intoxicated. what i'm looking for here is not to put the club or anyone on the team in a unfavorable spot but i know that the fund raisers would benefit the team if we could have them and know that we wouldn't be open to law suits if something regretable happen.

stephenk

depends on who is pouring the drinks. if you hold a fund raiser at a restaurant or a sports bar and the establishment is pouring the drinks, the establishment is liable for their actions.

Now if members of the soccer club are pouring the drinks, you could be in trouble.

you can purchase one time liability insurance coverage for special events. call your local insurance broker.

H

helpless443

thank you for your help, i will take your advice on the special event insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">