• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being harrassed by plaintiff!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MKIV

What is the name of your state? VA

I'm the defendant in a civil dispute and the plaintiff keeps emailing me telling me how he'll ruin my credit, make this a long and drawn-out, and that I'm worthless!? Can I use this against him in court? I thought the plaintiff and defendant aren't supposed to have contact unless in court once a suit is started.

HomeGuru

MKIV said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I'm the defendant in a civil dispute and the plaintiff keeps emailing me telling me how he'll ruin my credit, make this a long and drawn-out, and that I'm worthless!? Can I use this against him in court? I thought the plaintiff and defendant aren't supposed to have contact unless in court once a suit is started.
**A: you thought wrong. Did you send an email and/or certified rrr letter requesting that he stop emailing you? Why do you owe him money?

E

eddiepowers

as with anything else, save all documentation regarding all contact and bring it to court. be sure to print out the email messages and highlight where it shows the real name of the person sending the messages. the judge will look too kindly on any obscenities.

M

MKIV

Thanks.. I'll do just that and I'm going to ask the court to impose sanctions against him being able to re-file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">