• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automotive Stereo system stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adair

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My son has his car parked on the property (next to the house). A month ago it was vandalized by juveniles and the stereo equipment was stolen out of the car.

Because it involved juveniles, we did not know about the hearing until too late.

My son would like restituition for the cost of having the equipment reinstalled into his vehicle. I went to the original dealership that installed the equipment and they estimate that it will cost close to $600.00 for the repair work.

Would my son be able to retrieve this through small claims court of should he make it a civil suit?

Also, because of the happenings of the theft, I am not sleeping well and getting up constantly during the night at any slight noise. I leave lights on in different areas of the house all night.

I have Dystonia and the lack of good sleep and stress are aggravating my medical condition quite a bit. Can I take this to civil court for the distress this is causing me (and for trespass)

Thank you,

adair

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

adair said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

My son has his car parked on the property (next to the house). A month ago it was vandalized by juveniles and the stereo equipment was stolen out of the car.

Because it involved juveniles, we did not know about the hearing until too late.

My son would like restituition for the cost of having the equipment reinstalled into his vehicle. I went to the original dealership that installed the equipment and they estimate that it will cost close to $600.00 for the repair work.

Would my son be able to retrieve this through small claims court of should he make it a civil suit?

Also, because of the happenings of the theft, I am not sleeping well and getting up constantly during the night at any slight noise. I leave lights on in different areas of the house all night.

I have Dystonia and the lack of good sleep and stress are aggravating my medical condition quite a bit. Can I take this to civil court for the distress this is causing me (and for trespass)

Thank you,

adair

My response:

First, a Small Claims lawsuit IS a "civil" law matter - - and yes, with proper proof of his damages, your son (and you) can sue the juveniles in Small Claims court.

As for your end of the lawsuit, you'll need a doctor's examination, report and bill - - Otherwise, you'll get nothing.

And yes, you can sue for Civil trespass.

Sue the juveniles and their parents.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">